Progress passed the bunny hill with authority with the inspiring feel and relaxed flex of the Burton Ripcord Snowboard. Built with a forgiving flex pattern for easier board control, the Ripcord is perfect for linking carves without being overly rigid or aggressively threatening to throw you on your backside. The Ripcord’s directional shape has a set-back riding stance and larger nose which allows for easy tracking across variable snow conditions. Matching the directional shape, the Ripcord is more rigid at the tail and softer toward the nose, offering more support and stability for starting turns and learning to turn with speed. The board’s rocker profile is what Burton has named “Flat Top,” meaning it is flat between the insert packs, with an early-rise tip and tail for snag free carves. Flat profiles are super stable, reliable, and predictable, allowing you to have control while at speed without it feeling catchy like a fully cambered snowboard profile would be. The nose and tail rise subtly off the snow, preventing them from snagging and throwing you down the mountain on your backside. Another benefit, the early-rise nose allows better float, when you are lucky enough to learning to ride in fresh powder.
- oriented, soft-flexing all-mountain board
- Flat profile promotes catch-free turns and playful flex
- Tip-to-tail wood core provides consistent flex at low weight
- Directional shape with slight taper allows for surfy control
- Easy Bevel edges are lifted off snow for catch-free riding
- Biax wrap enhances torsional flex for linking turns
- Extruded base can take a beating all season long